No description provided
I went for a Revival Spa & Dine and have awarded it 3 stars.
I took my mother for treatments and to relax for a couple of hours. We purchased a 2 for 1 deal on Wahanda, and were looking forward to it due to some good reviews.
Booking: easy. I emailed through, and it was quite simple and availability no problem as we had a weekday voucher.
Location: easy to get to, friendly hotel staff directed us to the spa
Reception staff: welcoming but not particularly helpful when I asked for the options we could choose from (i.e types of facials/body massage/body wraps/ body scrubs). She replied, you can choose two of the four options. When I asked if there were different types, she repeated her answer, so I left it, assuming we would be able to choose once in the therapy room.
Changing facilities: 1 shower, 1 toilet, a bench for 2 people and 6 lockers. Fine on a quiet morning. There was a bit of a wait for using each thing. Nice robes, thick towels, and good finish to the actual changing rooms though.
Therapists: A complete joke.
1. Did not give us options, just told us to lie down and they would apply the wrap first then give a facial whilst the wrap is working. When asked what options there were for each, we were robotically 'told' we were having a detoxifying and moisturising wrap and facial. I was too embarassed to make a fuss, given it was meant to be a 'treat' for my mother, and I didn't want to start off our 'relaxing' morning with a confrontation. The products used were just simple REN products, nothing else.
2. Therapist 'slapped' on the COLD cream on my back. I yelped, and her response was 'it will warm up, don't worry'. Yes it will, ON ME! Ridiculous. The facial was the laziest effort for a therapist I have ever encountered, and hardly touched any part of my face except my chin, sighed throughout the facial and kept 'patting' her hands dry on the towel my head was rested on. They didn't hide the fact they wanted to be somewhere else. After about 10 mins, we were informed they would leave us in the room to 'relax' and left the room with the heating on, although it felt colder once they left. On returning, we had our facials washed off with cold cotton pads. If she was going to attempt to remove the body wrap with the same, it would have been the last straw. Fortunately for them, they advised us to 'go and wash it all off in a nice hot shower'. The worst facial and body wrap I have ever come across. If this is because we came with a voucher, then I strongly suggest avoid purchasing vouchers. I tend to use them to be able to trial a new venue, to see if it's worth while. This venue was a clear fail.
Relaxation rooms and facilities: hot tub and steam room was great. Seating area was relaxing, up to date magazines available. Beverages were disappointing - a few bottles of luke warm water/sparkling water/juice. Dirty glasses only - with lip stick marks all over them. No hot drink facilities.
Overall would I recommend? Not at all.
Loved loved loved everything.
V clean and spacious, constantly restocked (towels, drinks. fruits etc)
Easy to get to from tube station (shepherds bush)
Breakfast buffet - plentiful pastries, teas, coffee, juices, fruits, cereal etc.
Only downside: slightly overcrowded in spa at times- as it was at weekend.
Had manicure and facial booked to pamper myself during xmas hols.
1. Staff v welcoming and friendly, made sure I was comfortable throughout both treatments.
2. Prices are very good, big difference to what I'm used to in London
3. Manicure was efficient and made a huge difference, def needed with my dry hands having need to do so much washing up with my baby.
4. Facial - v relaxing and skin on my face felt so soft afterwards. I tried the dermosonic facial- was meant to be good to remove dead skin. would definitely book this facial again.
I had someone called rose for my treatments, very funny and friendly person. Would recommend +++