You will enjoy:
- Microdermabrasion microdermabrasion Amazônico diamond
Microdermabrasion is one of the more recent skin-care techniques to have crossed over from Hollywood to the mainstream. It's being advanced as an "instant facelift" -- an effective alternative to costlier and more invasive procedures like plastic surgery, chemical peels and anti-wrinkle injections.
Your skin is made up of two main layers, the epidermis and the dermis. The epidermis is the layer closest to the outside world. Microdermabrasion targets the epidermis (and not the dermis), it is more accurate to call it micro-epi-dermabrasion.
Microdermabrasion is a general term for the application of tiny diamond grains that buff away the surface layer of skin. All of the action in microdermabrasion takes place at the stratum corneum, which is the topmost layer of the epidermis skin. The stratum corneum mostly acts as a barrier between the outside world and the lower skin layers. When you put lotions or creams on your skin, some of the moisture passes through the stratum corneum, but not all of it. This layer is home to many minor skin imperfections like fine wrinkle lines and blemishes. The process removes or breaks up the stratum corneum so that the body can replace it with new and healthy skin cells, and your skin begins to look and feel smoother. Some of the skin's visible imperfections, like sun damage, blemishes and fine lines, are removed. Also medicinal creams and lotions are more effective after this procedure because more of their active ingredients and moisture can find their way down to the lower layers of skin.
You will receive a specialised tool for the procedure. The technician will steadily move a diamond-tipped wand over the targeted area, applying even and steady pressure to remove the stratum corneum without affecting the lower skin layers. Repeated microdermabrasion treatment at regular intervals may influence the way the lower layers of skin grow, also removing deeper blemishes over time.
Amazônico (Our Personal Touch)
Amazônico Peeling is an outstanding product imported from Brazil and available ony here with all our Microdermabrasion and Radio Frequency services.
This treatment based on roots and leaves enriched with flora of tropical fruit enzymes and organic acids that form a gentle, safe and effective peeling. These assets are unique and completely natural.
The treatment consists of deep cleansing to remove blackheads and pore secretions. Next, the peel application with a gel cleanser and the Amazônico sap peeling scrub. Then finally the skin is rinsed with the application of rose cream to hydrated and leave the skim soft and smooth. The Amazônico peeling act efficiently and naturally on all skin types.
This service is exclusive to Marble Arch.
Free cancellation up to 24 hours before appointment/stay.
- Full refund if cancelled within 24 hours of placing the order.
- If you cancel the order more than 24 hours, you can get a credit note for the amount paid.
- If cancelled in less than 24 hours before time of appointment/stay or in case of no-show, order will not be refunded.
Free cancellation before redemption.
- Full refund if cancelled within 14 days of placing the order.
- If you cancel your eVoucher more than 14 days, you can get a credit note for the amount paid.
- Please note, order can not be cancelled if you have booked an appointment/stay by redeeming eVoucher.
FOR HEALTH AND SECURITY REASONS PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING
- For sanitary purposes it is important for clients to hold up an acceptable level of hygiene to be able to provide a service.
- The service is operated by a male therapist.
- The therapist will not be able to serve anyone under the legal age of 18, in which case a refund will be granted.
- For security and insurance the therapist will not be able to serve clients during pregnancy periods.
- Finally for heath and safety reasons the therapist would not be able to serve clients with contagion like cold or flue in which case you must reschedule as soon as possible.
FURTHER MEDICAL RESTRICTIONS
(Microdermabrasion is restricted to the following clients)
- ACTIVE OR UNCONTROLLED DIABETES
- RAISED MOLES, WARTS OR SKIN TAGS (ONLY AREA BEING WORKED ON)
- SKIN CANCER AND/OR AUTO IMMUNE DISEASE
- ECZEMA, DERMATITIS OR PSORIASIS
- BROKEN CAPILLARIES
- ROSACEA OR ACTIVE ACNE
- HERPES SIMPLEX
Good to know
THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT MICRODERMABRASION
While there are no specific age or sex restrictions, typically anyone from the age of 16 up to 65 can get microdermabrasion. While there is no age maximum, mature skin over age 70 may have slightly higher risks of bruising and skin abrasions. Sessions should be spaced throughout the year if you wish to receive more. The first hour after treatment may cause mild swelling or redness depending on the individual. Side effects can last anywhere from an hour to two days. Since microdermabrasion temporarily removes some moisture, you may require moisturising creams.
Do not use Retin-A or other exfoliating creams 72 hours prior your treatment.
Avoid sun tanning or tanning creams for at least a week
You must NOT have recently had laser surgery or Accutane
Candidates who have had a recent chemical peel or other skin procedure, such as collagen, should wait two to three weeks before treatment.
Prospective patients should also refrain from waxing or tanning a few weeks prior to treatment.
Keep the new skin clean & moisturised
Anti-inflammatory creams may be used as necessary
Use a gentle cleanser.
Trauma such as scratching or picking the treated area should be avoided.
It is important to avoid irritatig the treated skin with harsh chemicals, rubbing or tanning for one week.
Some peeling may occur in the treated areas, moisturizer should help minimize this effect.
Avoid staying in the sun for at least 7 days.
Patients who absolutely cannot avoid sun exposure should use a broad-spectrum sunscreen.
Do not use glycol, alpha hydroxy, beta hydroxy, retinol, benzyl peroxide or topical acne medicatios for 24-48 hours.
You may resume prescription retinoid products 3 - 7 days after last microdermabrasion treatment or as instructed by your technician.
If you are receiving a series of treatments, do not resume any of these products until after you have completed your last medical microdermabrasion treatment.