You will enjoy:
- Hydrating/ Detoxifying Body Wrap (25 minutes)
Body wraps are designed to either slim and tone the body, hydrate or firm the skin, or relax and soothe the muscles. The common denominator in all body wraps is that you are wrapped in something – mud or treated bandages for example – in order to gain a therapeutical benefit. Some body wraps have the additional benefits of relieving tired or heavy legs and aching joints, easing inflammation, and helping to flush toxins from the body through sweating.
Body wraps may provide temporary inch loss but it is important to note that they are not a miracle solution.
Any weight loss from a wrap is generally due to water loss from the body, so be sure to drink plenty of water both before and after the treatment to avoid dehydration.
What You Need to Know About Body Wraps
Before going to the day spa for a body wrap treatment, you should check with your chosen spa about what you should wear. Most will supply disposable underwear but you can choose to wear swimwear if you prefer. Just be aware that it can be difficult to wash some of the wrap solutions out. Some day spas will ask you to avoid shaving for 24 hours before the treatment. Sunbathing should be avoided, as should alcohol and heavy meals before the treatment.
The Body Wrap Process
First, you will change into your paper underwear or swimwear in privacy. The skin may then be exfoliated in order to remove dead skin cells. If you need to have damp skin for the wrap, you will be asked to take a quick shower. If it is an inch loss wrap, you will be measured beforehand. After the solution is applied to the body, you are then wrapped in heated bandages or thermal blankets and left to rest. While you are resting, the heat relaxes the muscles, opens the pores, and encourages sweating so that toxins are flushed from the body. You are then unwrapped and rinsed before being moisturised.
The Different Types of Body Wraps
There are several different types of body wraps that you can choose from in a day spa setting. Some of these include:
- Algae wrap – warmed algae is applied to the entire body to nourish and detoxify the skin.
- Chocolate wrap – chocolate is recognised for its anti-aging and toning properties. It stimulates your endorphins, softens the skin, tones the skin, and plumps out wrinkles.
- Frigi thalgo wrap – this is a cold wrap designed to control excess fluid in the hip, leg, and thigh areas. It is good for cellulite and fluid retention and relieves tired legs.
- Thalasso or seaweed wrap – this is a combination of seawater and seaweed and it hydrates and firms the skin.
- Mud wrap – a layer of therapeutic mud is applied to the skin to detoxify, cleanse, and firm the skin. The anti-stress properties of the mud eases water retention and cleanses the pores by drawing out impurities.
- Clay wrap – is similar to a mud wrap and is often mixed with aromatherapy oils.
- Cellulite treatment wrap – boosts circulation and flushes out toxins. These wraps target the bottom and thighs.
- Herbal wrap – uses herbs selected for their nourishing properties. The herbs are blended with oils and steeped in very hot water. Cloth sheets are then soaked in the solution and wrapped around the body. It removes dead skin cells and nourishes the skin.
- Bust wrap – a firming serum or mask is used around the bust area aimed at toning and moisturising the skin.
- Paraffin wrap – warm paraffin wax is brushed over the body. It is designed to reduce muscle and joint aches and soothe the symptoms of arthritis.
- Parafango wrap – fango is the Italian word for mud and it uses warmed paraffin and mud to create a mini-sauna effect to stimulate the body’s lymphatic flow and draw out toxins.
- Oil wrap – aromatherapy oils are used to moisturise dry or dehydrated skin.
Free cancellation up to 24 hours before appointment/stay.
- Full refund if cancelled within 24 hours of placing the order.
- If you cancel the order more than 24 hours, you can get a credit note for the amount paid.
- If cancelled in less than 24 hours before time of appointment/stay or in case of no-show, order will not be refunded.
Free cancellation before redemption.
- Full refund if cancelled within 14 days of placing the order.
- If you cancel your eVoucher more than 14 days, you can get a credit note for the amount paid.
- Please note, order can not be cancelled if you have booked an appointment/stay by redeeming eVoucher.
You need to inform the therapist if you are pregnant or think you might be, as many spa treatments are not suitable for expecting women. Other people that should avoid body wraps include those with:
High blood pressure
Good to know
Before going for a body wrap treatment, you should check what you should wear - it may be a disposable underwear, but you can choose to wear swimwear if you prefer. Just be aware that it can be difficult to wash some of the wrap solutions out.
Please note if you are paying at the venue it is CASH ONLY
There are opinions saying you need to avoid shaving for 24 hours before the treatment. Sunbathing should be avoided, as well as alcohol and heavy meals before the treatment.