If it's your first time or you don't get massage very often, Swedish massage is the perfect massage for you and is performed by trained, licensed massage therapists. A Swedish massage can be slow and gentle, or vigorous and bracing, depending on what you want to achieve. You can also say up front if you have a preference for light or firm pressure or if you want him/her to spend more time on a certain area.
In all Swedish massage, the therapist lubricates the skin with massage oil and performs various massage strokes. These movements warm up the muscle tissue, releasing tension and gradually breaking up muscle "knots" or adhered tissues, called adhesions. Swedish massage promotes relaxation, among other health benefits.
You usually start by laying face down with your head in a u-shaped face cradle so your spine stays neutral. The therapist generally starts by works your back, using various massage strokes that include effleurage, kneading, friction, stretching and tapping.
When he's finished with the back, he or she works the back of each leg. When done with the back side, he or she holds the sheet or towel up and looks away while you turn over onto your back and scoot down; then he or she quickly covers you again. The therapist then massages the front of each leg, both arms, and generally finishes with your neck and shoulders.
Free cancellation up to 24 hours before appointment/stay.
- Full refund if cancelled within 24 hours of placing the order.
- If you cancel the order more than 24 hours, you can get a credit note for the amount paid.
- If cancelled in less than 24 hours before time of appointment/stay or in case of no-show, order will not be refunded.
Free cancellation before redemption.
- Full refund if cancelled within 14 days of placing the order.
- If you cancel your eVoucher more than 14 days, you can get a credit note for the amount paid.
- Please note, order can not be cancelled if you have booked an appointment/stay by redeeming eVoucher.
FOR HEALTH AND SECURITY REASONS PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- For sanitary purposes it is important for clients to hold up an acceptable level of hygiene to be able to provide a service. We recommend bathing on the day or the night before.
- The service is operated by a male therapist.
- The therapist will not be able to serve anyone under the legal age of 18, in which case a refund will be granted.
- For security and insurance the therapist will not be able to serve clients during pregnancy periods.
- Finally for heath and safety reasons the therapist would not be able to serve clients with contagion like cold or flue in which case you must reschedule as soon as possible.
FURTHER MEDICAL CONDITIONS
(It's not a good idea to schedule a massage appointment if you are experiencing any of the following)
- FEVER OR FLUE
- STOMACH FLUE
- RECENTLY INVOLVED IN AN ACCIDENT
- DIZZY OR NAUSEATED
- BRUISED, HAVE WOUNDS, RASHES, OR SEVERE SUNBURN.
- SKIN DESEASE (Service Not Available)
- SKIN CANCER (Service Not Available)
In these cases, it's important to stabilize your medical condition first. After you have recovered, or the condition is under the management of a medical provider who agrees that massage would be helpful, you can call to schedule an appointment.
Good to know
Before the massage, the therapist will ask you about any injuries or other conditions. Things you would want tell a therapist include areas of tightness or pain, allergies, and conditions like pregnancy. It's best not to get a massage if you are ill.
After the consultation, the therapist instructs you how to lie on the table -- face up or face down, and underneath the sheet or towel -- and then leaves the room. He or she will knock or ask if you are ready before entering.
During a Swedish massage you are generally nude underneath a towel or sheet. The therapist uncovers only the part of the body that needs to be worked on, a technique called draping. If the nudity gets you out of your comfort zone, you can keep your underwear on, and many newcomers do.
Manuel Guerra Skin Care at SPARK JUICE BAR
Unit 3, The Artworks,
Accepts online bookings
Online bookings let you pick date/time for your visit.
If you purchase an eVoucher you will need to book with the venue directly.