Using laser light to treat birthmarks, age spots, abnormal pigmentation, stretch marks and broken veins and capillaries has proved to be extremely effective. Living with a highly visible birthmark or skin defect can cause enormous distress — however the technology now exists to diminish or even completely remove such blemishes, using Laser Treatment.
Problems which may be treated by laser:
- Pigmented birthmarks — these are pale brown spots on the skin, often referred to as café au lait spots. They are caused by an excess of melanocytes, the pigment producing cells that can be found under the surface of the skin.
- Vascular birthmarks — these can be distinguished from pigmented birthmarks by their livid red colour, caused by an intense area of broken capillaries at the skin surface. Because of this colouring they are often referred to as port wine stains and although they may be flat and pink in childhood, they'd can become dark red or purple, and thickened or lumpy in adulthood.
- Sunspots, age spots and liver spots — too much exposure to the sun over many years can cause this familiar build-up of pigment in the skin in middle and old age.
- Photo damage caused by sun exposure, such as wrinkled, leathery skin — the evidence of ageing can also be improved with Laser Treatment.
- Broken capillaries, thread or spider veins and broken blood vessels — Laser Treatment can be used on the face and legs.
- Rosacea — this distressing skin condition responds well to Laser Treatment.
Using laser to treat skin disfigurements
Laser light is used to treat these problems in a number of ways. For vascular birthmarks and port wine stains the laser beam destroys the excess capillaries in the problem area without damaging the surface skin. For pigment problems the beam is used to strip away the superficial layers of pigment in deeper layers.
Depending on how extensive the problem area is, several treatments are usually needed — in general between four and 10, at monthly intervals. Our practitioner will be able to advise you and you can save money by booking a course of treatments from the start.
Free cancellation up to 48 hours before appointment/stay.
Full refund if cancelled within 24 hours of placing the order.
If you cancel the order more than 24 hours, you can get a credit note for the amount paid.
If cancelled in less than 48 hours before time of appointment/stay or in case of no-show, order will not be refunded.
Free cancellation before redemption.
Full refund if cancelled within 14 days of placing the order.
If you cancel your eVoucher more than 14 days, you can get a credit note for the amount paid.
Please note, order can not be cancelled if you have booked an appointment/stay by redeeming eVoucher.
The Aesthetics Clinic
8-9 Talbot Court,
Online scheduling not available
Online bookings let you pick date/time for your visit.
eVouchers not accepted
If you purchase an eVoucher you will need to book with the venue directly.
Accepts Wahanda gift vouchers
Our old Wahanda Gift Vouchers can still be redeemed at over 3,000 locations. Use them to pay as you would with cash. Please note, the Wahanda Gift Voucher's successor – the Wahanda Gift Card – can only be used for online purchases.