You will enjoy:
- CHINESE CUPPING THERAPY FOR TENSION RELEASE, DETOXING AND SLIMMING/CELLULITE REDUCTION
Cupping has been an important part of Chinese Medicine for thousands of years and nowadays has been integrated in treatment of many diseases along with acupuncture or Chinese Herbs.
Cupping is based on the meridian theory of the body. Glass cups are placed on the body’s meridians creating suction so that tissue can be lifted and moved. The suction removes stagnation in the body and opens the meridians so that Qi can flow freely.
Chinese cupping can be an add-on to the regular massage session, acupuncture treatment or can be done by itself. Cupping can help to
· release rigid soft tissue
· stimulate lymphatic drainage,
· loosen adhesions and lift connective tissue to promote blood flow and aid deep 'tissue repair',
· provide amazing detoxifying effect to 'whole body
The vacuum formed by cups brings the old, non-circulating stagnant blood and interstitial fluids up to the surface so that healthy free circulation can be restored to the affected area, thus creating space for oxygen, new cells and nutrients for faster recovery. Cupping leaves the marks which indicate that toxins and static blood has been moved from the deeper layers to the surface. The marks can appear from a light pink to a dark purple together with tiny raised bumps, representing the severity of patient's condition.
It is the best deep tissue massage without the discomfort of deep massage work.
Chinese cupping works to lift and move muscle and tissue, rather than compress it, what creates different feeling from typical massage when the tissue is compressed.
Cupping massage is most commonly done over the back but can be used throughout the body and is very effective on the thighs (particularly good on the IT band), around the hip joint and calves. Cupping on the abdomen can easy menstrual pain and improve bowel movement.
CUPPING MASSAGE FOR SLIMMING AND CELLULITE REDUCTION
Chinese cupping massage by itself or combined with acupuncture is an adjunct therapy helping to lose weight and reduce cellulite and water retention.
In a research review published in 2009, scientists analysed 31 studies (with a total of 3,013 participants) and found that acupuncture is an effective treatment for obesity¹.
Acupuncture and cupping therapies have been shown to have an effect on the function of the nervous system, endocrine system, digestive system, food cravings, and metabolism. Therapies can help to energize the body, boost metabolism, maximize the absorption of nutrients, regulate elimination, improve digestion, control overeating, suppress the appetite, and reduce anxiety. In addition, it reduces the risk of quite severe consequences of weight loss such as anorexia nervosa and bulimia. Acupuncture may also increase tone in the smooth muscle of the stomach to help people know that they are full.
After only few procedures of acupuncture and cupping massage you might notice reduced size of your waist, hip or tights and increased the tone, elasticity and firmness of the skin.
The program is based on protocols used in weight loss clinics in China. It is recommended to have two cycles (10 each) of acupuncture combined with cupping massage for weight loss and maintaining weight. How much weight you will lose depends on an individual’s metabolism, diet, exercise routine and initial weight, but around 10 pounds is common. The real benefits of this programme is that it re-sets your metabolism, so that your appetite changes for the better, and you continue to experience steady weight loss after completing the program.
* Please note that cupping can cause marks to the skin where toxins are drawn to the surface tissue, to be later flushed by the body. These are temporary but can remain visible for anything between a few hours to several days following treatment.
Free cancellation before redemption.
- Full refund if cancelled within 14 days of placing the order.
- If you cancel your eVoucher more than 14 days, you can get a credit note for the amount paid.
- Please note, order can not be cancelled if you have booked an appointment/stay by redeeming eVoucher.
Free cancellation up to 48 hours before appointment/stay.
- Full refund if cancelled within 24 hours of placing the order.
- If you cancel the order more than 24 hours, you can get a credit note for the amount paid.
- If cancelled in less than 48 hours before time of appointment/stay or in case of no-show, order will not be refunded.
Shen - Yi Rejuvenation & Acupuncture Space at Light Centre
168A London Wall,
Online scheduling not available
Online bookings let you pick date/time for your visit.
eVouchers not accepted
If you purchase an eVoucher you will need to book with the venue directly.