Logging you in, please wait...

You are logged in

Log in to your account

Question: Had an allergic reaction to mango fruit drink last night - any idea why?

Asked by RebeccaCrutchley 3 years ago

10 answers

Hi there. I'm already allergic to pineapples and kiwis, but yesterday I craved a fruity drink so picked up a can of sparkling mango drink. Looking at the ingredients and having eaten fresh mango only a few weeks ago, I guessed that this would be fine with no side effects. Yet after about half an hour my chest was extremely tight, eyes became blurry and felt dizzy and my tell-tale 'I'm having a reaction' rash appeared on my arms appeared. Does anyone know if there are any links between pineapples, kiwi fruits and mangos?

Treatments:
Nutritional Advice & Treatments, Health Consultations, Allergy Testing

Report as inappropriate

Can you help out?

Best answer

Top Answer – As rated by the community

MassageBasel 3 years ago

Cross Reactions

If you develop an allergy to pineapple, you might also be allergic to other substances and fruits. Similarly, an allergy to related fruits might indicate or lead to a pineapple allergy. Mangoes, kiwis, peaches, papaya, avocado and bananas might be cross-reactive to those with a pineapple allergy. An allergy to latex may cause a sensitivity to various fruits, including pineapple. Celery and olive tree pollen may be cross-reactive. Bromelain, an enzyme found in the stem of pineapples, is usually cross-reactive for those allergic to the fruit.

Sources: Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/448567-pineapple-reactions/#ixzz1yF5QUxdG

Other answers (9)

DeborahWalker 3 years ago

You may be reacting to the phenolic in them, called Salicylates, which is them in a low level, but also you may want to look at what else was in the mango drink, was there sweeteners for instance?

Sources: http://www.passporttochange.co.uk

JannaLand 3 years ago

There can be a link. I would recommend getting your allergies sorted out (desensitised) using a method like NAET (which I do). Otherwise you will probably keep developing more and more allergies/sensitivities as you get older, sadly, unless you go on a very strict dietary regime for a few years.

Sources: http://www.jannaland.co.uk

keshadawne 2 years ago

i have the same reaction. i cant eat mangos kiwi pineapples ...all three have a link with bromelain, i believe. im also allergic to citrus fruits and bee stings. u cant peel or even cut these things around me in the same area without me reacting

chillybeanie 1 year ago

my daughter and aunt have strong allergies to both mango and pineapple, and milder allergies to other fruits, so yes you are right you can be allergic to them. if my daughter hasn't had them in awhile, she can sometimes get away with one tiny piece with absolutely no reaction, but the next piece or the next day she is in awful shape.

lindadb 3 years ago

Its more likely to be a reaction to the sugar or aspartame or fizz in the sparkling drink.....

Leech-therapist 3 years ago

If you decided to clean your body... The best way to detox it- leech therapy.
Welcome on 50 leeches,like minimum,and you will be totally new person.

Leech-therapist 3 years ago

Allergies are the response to an immune system overreaction to an external substance. Allergies result in micro circulation and lymphatic malfunctions in the veins and venous system.

Wonder-doctor called leech.

The applied medicine has hundreds years experience in the struggle against the human diseases. Dozens thousands of different mixtures, tablets, vaccines, drugs, etc. have been created – and all of them effect the human treatment. And why do the professional doctors again and again apply to the traditional methods of treatment preferring old remedies tested by our ancestors? There is no secret in that… All these methods are grounded on the natural roots. That is why our medical center applied to the ancient method of "treatment for hundreds diseases" - Hirudotherapy.

Hirudotherapy (from Latin hirudo-leech) is known since ancient times. Along with the general bloodletting, it has been considered as a necessary remedy in treatment for different diseases.
Secret of salivary glands of medical leech contains more than 100 bioactive substances and has anti-edematous, bacteriostatic, analgesic, resolving actions, it eliminates microcirculation disorders, restores damaged vascular permeability of tissues and organs, eliminates hypoxia (oxygen starvation), reduces blood pressure, increases immune system activity, detoxifies the organism, releases it from the threatening complications, such as infarct, stroke, improves bioenergetic status of the organism.
The way of leech secret injection is very simple: being placed on the skin it bites the skin, then the secret of the leech saliva falls into the blood channel and goes to the disease focus through vessels.
In the treatment we use hirudoreflexotherapy placing the leeches on the reflexogenic points as a "Life needle".
Welcome to detox your organism!
Welcome everybody, who like to stay young, health, sexy long long time, don't looking in own passport.

my mobile 075 77 163 133
aleksandra.bog@mail.ru

Sources: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2_RncofNrU

LizBray 3 years ago

It may be an ingredient in the drink other than mango causing the reaction. Often sweeteners, colourings, flavourings, sugars and other substances are added to drinks to 'improve' the taste. Any of these may have caused the reaction you had. If you read the list of ingredients on the can, this may help to explain your reaction.

Sources: http://www.body-balance.co.uk

frankykfrp 3 years ago

I see you have many different responses already, all very good . From a Health Kinesiology view we would not actually "intellectualize" the problem but simple using the techniques of Health Kinesiology muscle testing investigate and eliminate the problem. It could have been something totally different but you had a preconceived idea that it might be the fruit so you may have been missed out entirely on what the real problem was. We would simply bolster your immune system so that you could manage whatever it was that caused the problem.

Sources: http://www.healthkinesiology.co.uk

Related Offers

Inch Loss Detox Treat View
63% OFF
£35.00
Nutritional Advice & Treatments View
42% OFF
£69.00
Life Balance Consultation View
£65.00
Coeliac Testing View
£75.00
Food Intolerance Testing View
£75.00

Weight X-S Press at Imperial Health

Richmond, Greater London
Weight X-S Press View
52% OFF
£38.00
Balanced Diet Consultation View
£30.00
Cook Yourself Healthy View
£30.00
Lifestyle check View
40% OFF
£15.00
Well Man Health Check View
£180.00
Well Woman Check View
£180.00