Asked by sarayu 5 years ago
How do I decide whether I need a colonic or not? The holidays aren't yet over and I am already looking forward to detox. But should I just follow an at-home detox program, or get a colonic? When does one get a colonic, how often and is it very painful?
Thanks for answering - your answer appears below
WestLondonColonics 1 year ago
Hi I am Julia Rhodes Principal colon hydrotherapist at West London Colonics ( WLC ).People choose to have Colon Hydrotherapy as an adjunct to other lifestyle and health promotion measures, and have many reasons for so doing. Here are some of the reasons people come to see me at WLC.
• To relieve and prepare the ground for systemic healing of intestinal problems such as: constipation (whether due to poor food habits or prescription drugs), diarrhea, gas, bloat, hemorrhoids, Irritable Bowel Syndrome( IBS) , diverticulitis, colitis, parasites, carbohydrate addictions ; poor assimilation of nutrients.
• To help build stronger, more efficient metabolic efficiency. (This is important for everyone, from coach potatoes to world class athletes).
• As an adaptogen (something that improve the body’s capability & capacity) to deal with upcoming stress. People have colonics during a period of lifestyle change or as a preventive measure.
• To relieve skin conditions systemically: conditions such as psoriasis, shingles, eczema and the like.
• To assist with weight loss objectives
• To help with healing of scar tissue and adhesions from surgery
• To obtain pain relief: abdominal pain, chronic tendency to headaches and migraines, back or shoulder pain, aching joints, and gout. Or people recovering from an accident.
• To help with immune-compromised systems: e.g. lupus, MS, rheumatoid arthritis, arthritis, cancer, chronic fatigue (CFD), candida, chronic infections, susceptibility to multiple colds, influenza.
• To support medical needs and/ or testing: pre- and post-surgery, barium x-ray colonoscopy, stool samples, and geriatric.
• To support cleansing programs: Its common for people to come in during a fast, a cleansing program, a raw food diet, a liver and /or gallbladder flush, or indeed any organ cleanse program. This relates specifically to your objectives.
• To support emotional release /healing: Some people become aware of emotional issues which they feel are physiologically (also psychologically) rooted or associated with the enteric nervous system ( ENS), in particular, the colon.
The question of how often I address in my Wahanda blog , 'call-on -health'.
Colonics are generally not painful, however there will possibly be short periods of temporary discomfort during the procedure.
CleansingforLife 5 years ago
Colonic irrigation is not painful and if done by a professionaly trained therapist will leave you feeling cleansed and lighter. It is best done in combination with dietary adjustments in order to prolong its positive effects; those can be done at home. Again this is something that your Colonic Therapist should be able to advise you on depending on symptoms and what you are looking to achieve. Colonic is not a substitute for a home detox but substancially reduces the symptoms such as fatigue and headaches which you may experience from any kind of detox programme; it wil also speed up the ellimination process and maximise results from your efforts. The number and frequency of treatments required depend on the type of programme you do and this should be discussed with your threapist; three treatments is what I usually recommend for a 10/15 day " Express detox ".
For a professionally trained Colonic Therapist near you please visit http://www.ipch.org.uk
Sources: Anne-Lise Miller: Colonic Hydrotherapist; NUtritionist and Pricipal of The School of Colonic Hydrotherapy
andys 5 years ago
Are you feeling stuck in a rut , can you not let go of the past and move on with your life, space clear your house and your mind to. Colonic is releasing everything people who have colonic come to treatments with empty pulses, you need to have a positive way of life to let go and move on, you need a plan for your future.
movethreesixty 5 years ago
Having a colonic can be beneficial depending on what your symptoms are. A colonoic is not a quick fix solution. The most important aspect of a colonic is keeping the environment clean and benefificial for good bacteria to thrive in. You can clean your colon but if you continue eating a diet that is not right for you, too much sugar, processed food, alcohol, then you will create a feeding ground in which bacteria and yeast can grow. So after your colonic you need to take a high quality Probiotic, and find out which Metabolic Type you are so you can adjust your diet accordingly. Find out which Metabolic Type you are with Hannah at WWW.MOVETHREESIXTY.COM