From: Happy Food,
We all know the feeling – you’ve had a long day, you fancy something tasty and you just can’t be bothered to spend hours in the kitchen. It’s all too tempting to order a takeaway or turn to the microwave – but before you do, cast your eyes over this quick and easy recipe from Plants4Presents.
Containing a variety of vegetables which are packed with nutrients, this stir fry also has a bit of a chilli kick – perfect for boosting your metabolism and protecting your immune system. For a really feel good meal, why not purchase a chilli plant from Plants4Presents.co.uk and grow your own chillies? There’s nothing quite as satisfying as cooking a meal using home-grown ingredients.
We love that this delicious dinner can be whipped up in less time than it would take the pizza delivery boy to arrive – and many of the ingredients can be substituted if your store cupboards aren’t quite up to scratch. Just make sure you’re careful not to put your fingers anywhere near your eyes when chopping those chillies...
Sweet chilli stir fry
You will need:
1. Heat the oil, soy and fish sauce in a hot wok or large saucepan, add the chilli, garlic and ginger and stir fry for about a minute until you can smell the flavours being released.
2. Add the diced paneer/chicken or beef a few pieces at a time and stir fry until the edges brown all over.
3. Add the carrots, cabbage and onion and stir fry for 2-3 minutes before adding the pepper and the sweet chilli sauce and continuing for a further 2-3 minutes.
4. When the onions are translucent and the cabbage and carrots are starting to soften add the leaves and keep stirring until they wilt.
5. Garnish with fresh coriander and serve hot with rice or noodles.
Looking for more healthy meal ideas to prevent you from dialling up Dominos? Grab your apron and check out our food blog for more delicious recipes.
It's easy enough to decide you want to eat well - the hard part is finding the right foods to keep you healthy and satisfy your tastebuds. The Wahanda Tasters have lots of food and drink ideas to have you looking good, feeling good and bursting with energy in no time. And no, they don't all involve wheatgrass.See my profile »