Today is election day in Portugal, so I decided to go and fulfill my civic duty on foot. In total, I walked 9.4km this afternoon, meaning I finish my Beach Body Challenge on target. That felt good!!!
In some respects, I can't believe it's been 4 weeks already! Time has flown by. To be honest, in between the pain, I did have lots of fun. So, no matter who wins the challenge tomorrow, I know I am a winner on several fronts:
• I managed to keep the challenge up for the whole 4 weeks, which I have do admit I didn't expect to achieve when we first started it;
• My diet has been definitely more balanced though I didn't cut any food groups other than completely avoiding sugar during week 1;
• I have exercised even more than I set out to do and I know I will keep it up going forward;
• Via this challenge I have experienced other forms of exercise that I was not willing to try before;
• I can see and feel the benefits of my walking and exercise routine, though the scales will have the last say tomorrow morning - not looking forward to that...
What have I learnt from this challenge? I've learnt that you can ALWAYS teach an old dog new tricks, though it takes a bit longer to get them as you grow older. I've also learnt that implementing an exercise routine within a busy lifestyle is not impossible. It is actually quite easy, the main ingredients to this are self discipline and a willingness to change old patterns.
My husband suggested a before and after photo, so here it goes. Spot the differences if you can!
I have decided that today does not constitute an ending. My journey will continue from this point onwards and might even share it with you all.
Ana has been with Wahanda since September 2009 and is currently the Head of Operations.
Being natural from Lisbon, Portugal, and currently living on the Estoril Coast, the beach has always represented an important role in Ana's life. And not just during the summer months. However, life does have a tendency of getting in the way and those beach visits have become less and less frequent. Since learning about the Wahanda Beach Bodies Challenge, she's been keen to take part.See my profile »