SUCH a disappointment! Not even the ESPA products could elevate this from being a let-down. This is NOT a luxe venue, and the prices are comparable with a luxury experience.
- VERY limited menu
- Food served in hotel bar, away from the spa and shared with hotel guests, wedding guests etc etc (so you need to get dressed and make yourself presentable)
- robes and slippers in poor condition, had to complain in order to be issued with a fresh one after mine had got wet and was uncomfortable to sit around waiting in (and by then I was freezing so I had to go and sit in the sauna to warm up!)
- steam room not particularly hot
- pool full of screaming children
- changing rooms, loo's, and showers reminiscent of public swimming baths from about 10 years ago.
- one complementary soft drink per day, otherwise water from a cooler or £1.60 for a drink from the vending machine (or get dressed and go to the hotel bar and buy a drink)
- facial started 5 minutes late, I was left alone for a further 5 minutes so that I could lower my swimsuit straps off of my shoulders (really, 5 minutes?! left alone?!) and my treatment eventually started nearly 5 mintues after the therapist had returned and finished 12 minutes later - so much for 30 minute treatment. My friend had the same thereapist for all 3 of her treatments and she had much the same experience of lying around waiting for ages while the therapist went off to do things.
Overall, not worth a fraction of the money. 2star spa, 4 star price. Better off going to the Holiday Inn.