From: Happy Food,
This is a perfect vegetarian dish packed with flavour and super-healthy with plenty of onions, tomatoes and potatoes. A delicious midweek meal for vegetarians or those looking to eat less meat, this spicy curry from the team at British Onions is perfect to include as part of an Indian banquet or for a yummy lunchtime treat.
Add warm naan bread on the side to soak up all the juices, and add any leftover vegetables, diced chicken or beef, peppers, butternut squash or even a handful of extra chillies for a healthy curry to warm you up and leaving you wanting seconds, and thirds....
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
You will need:
1. Place the coriander seeds, fennel seeds and mustard seeds in a dry pan and heat gently until they are lightly roasted and aromatic. Pour into a pestle and mortar and ground.
2. Pour the oil into a large, heavy-based pan, place over a medium heat and add the crushed spices, cinnamon, garlic, curry leaves and chilli, a pinch of salt and cook for two to three minutes.
3. Add the onion, turn the heat down low and cook for 15 minutes or until the onions are soft and beginning to take on a golden brown colour.
4. Add the potatoes, tomatoes and water then cover and cook for 20 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender.
5. Add the peas and cook for a further 15 minutes. Stir in the yoghurt and coriander leaves then season and serve with warmed naan bread.
It's easy enough to decide you want to eat well - the hard part is finding the right foods to keep you healthy and satisfy your tastebuds. The Wahanda Tasters have lots of food and drink ideas to have you looking good, feeling good and bursting with energy in no time. And no, they don't all involve wheatgrass.See my profile »