With so many different products and brands available, these days beauty lovers are truly spoiled for choice. While this is generally a good thing (it makes shopping a lot more fun and allows us to shake up our look whenever we want) it can sometimes be difficult to know exactly where to begin. With so many options to choose from, how can we really know which product will best suit our needs? Thankfully, CEW (UK) have stepped in to find out exactly what we should have on our radar for 2011, meaning that we can spend less time pondering and more time preening. Sounds good to us.
CEW (UK)’s annual beauty awards aim to provide recognition both to new brands and to long-standing favourites, and the 2011 awards, sponsored by Superdrug, were no exception. 25 winning products were voted for by over 600 beauty industry insiders, and the results were announced at a fittingly glamorous awards ceremony at the InterContinental London Park Lane. A few of the brands to pip other products to the post, establishing themselves as the key buys no beauty fanatic should be without were:
- Balance Me - Super Oil with Juniper and Bergamot (Best New Certified Organic Product)
- Liz Earle - Botanical Shine Shampoo (Best British Brand AND Best New Haircare/Styling Product)
- Chloé - Chloé Love (Best New Women’s Fragrance)
- The Sanctuary - Ultra Rich Body Butter (Best New Bath and Body Product)
- NARS - Orgasm Illuminator (Best New Make-up Product for Face)
- All for Eve - Swarovski Crystal Nail File (Best New Hand and Nail Care Product)
- RapidLash - Eyelash Enhancing Serum (Best New Make-up Product)
- Elizabeth Arden - Eight Hour Cream Skin Protectant (Best Iconic Beauty Product for 2011)
Further details of these and the other winning brands can be found online at www.superdrug.com/cewuk. Superdrug CEO, Jeremy Seigal said of the awards: “[they] signify everything that is special about the beauty industry, the innovation, creativity and the passion and we are delighted to support them.”
Congratulations to all the winning brands, and thanks to CEW (UK) for showing us how to fill our make-up bags with products the professionals would be proud of.